Merriment Myths

All of us have different notion of happiness. We can hear people mentioning “After I get rich, I’ll be enjoying the rest of my life!”, “I’m searching for my perfect life partner and once I find the person, I’ll be very happy”, “If I get good grades, I’ll be happy”.  

We would have a set a goal and believe that after achieving it, we will really be happy. Certainly the sense of achievement takes us into a state of excitement, so no wonder most of us think like that. But how realistic is this?

It turns out that we fall into the trap of misbeliefs that if something happens then it results in happiness. In short, it would mean that you don’t need to be wealthy or enter into wedlock to lead a happy life. 

This article based on an extensive research carried out in this direction explains the most common myths about happiness. It emphasizes the fact that there is no step by step guide to become the happiest person. Likewise there is no certain path to get into a miserable state.
We cannot, however, deny the fact that our mind would indeed reach a blissful state, let that even be for a few moments, which is what we would term happiness. We should bear in mind that there is nothing like “happily ever after” and learn to treat the happy and sad moments as milestones in life. 

Perhaps a monk’s life would teach us a lot on this matter. Maybe we can get some inspiration from the happiest person currently in the world! 


 

© 2015-2016 Perspectives of abstractness. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top